Neurological Physiotherapy in Birmingham & Surrounding Areas
Neurological conditions are not only disabling but are long-term in their nature and sadly they are often progressive. Without Neurological Physiotherapy these conditions often worsen and secondary problems can exaggerate the condition.
New schools of thought recognise that brain healing and physical improvements take place long after the initial onset or incident. “Neuro-plasticity” is the term used to describe the re-organisation of parts of the brain, that re-learn the functions of damaged areas.
If you obtain help and guidance early, it can help in your ability to:-
- Handle conditions during everyday life and develop pragmatic coping strategies
- Strengthen muscles and reduce muscle wasting
- Prevent contractures, (muscle shortening and thereby joint tightness and stiffness) and reduce pain
- Increase balance, fine finger movements and co-ordination
- Slow the progressive course of the illness by maintaining your best physical level
Physio4Neuro specialises in Neurological Rehabilitation, treating conditions such as:
- Stroke, Cerebro-Vascular Accident (CVA)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s Disease (PD)
- Motor Neurone Disease (MND)
- Acquired Brain and Head Injury (ABI/HI)
- Bell’s Palsy
- Other Neurological Conditions, such as Charcot Marie Tooth Syndrome, ataxia and balance problems
- Other symptoms, such as ataxia and balance problems
- Normal movement re-education
- Continuing exercise programmes to compliment (monthly) reviews
- Stretches for soft tissue and spasticity
- Prevention of contractures and altered gait patterns
- Expertise and advice to improve and ease activities of everyday living at home
- Bioness SaeboFlex treatments, that incorporate new technologies in the rehabilitation of function
Appointments & Pricing Information For Neurological Physiotherapy
Appointments are carried out at your home at the price of £95 per hour. Any paperwork that needs to be completed as part of your treatment will be written outside of your appointment time in order to maximise your treatment time.
If you require multiple appointments we are open to negotiation on price.
If you live outwith 30 mins of where we are based in Stourton, we may charge £10 each way extra.
Why You Should Trust Us
Salu Fellows is a highly trained neurological physiotherapist with years of experience. She is a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists, Health Professions Council, Physio First and the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists Interested in Neurology.
“I had no idea what ‘Neuro’ Physio meant. I do appreciate it now” AH, Shrewsbury
Call us on:
07823 773 555
07837 963 984
Or alternatively fill out the contact form below and we will be in touch shortly.